9/17/2008

Help! Quick!

A friend and I are singing a couple songs right before a wedding in October. If we don't find some (love) songs to do, the bride's brother and sister-in-law will pick country songs for us (gag. Sorry to anyone who likes country. I detest it). Any ideas? I just need two or three love songs. Something old, something new, something popular, or something from a musical (I always think of "One Hand One Heart" from West Side Story). Help me brainstorm! The bride and groom have no knowledge of music and therefore do not care what we sing.

4 comments:

  1. What kind of voice do you have? What do you like to sing?

    The Carpenters do a good line in sweet weddingy kind of songs but you might want something a bit funkier/new/more fashionable etc...

    What about The Promise by Tracy Chapman? U tube it, it's great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Could do Edwin McCain "I'll Be" or "Could Not Ask For More"

    Hmm...or... Bryan Adams "Everything I Do"
    or "Always" by Bon Jovi

    Hope that helps!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. gimmie gimmie gimmie a man after midnight? Stand by your man? lol! Ok seriously now though... have you heard ronan keatings when you say nothing at all? Perfect for the occasion! and easy to sing

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, guys! I'll have to youtube this stuff when I get home. The name Tracy Chapman always reminds me of Mary Chapin Carpenter. Isn't she the one who sang "Grow Old Along With Me?" My type of voice has been classified as "Country if I wanted it to be." It can have that twang and I kind of sing like Martina McBride(not as strong but that same kind of sound).

    ReplyDelete

I'm back to blogging and very lonely! Let me know you were here!!