8/15/2008

Eating My Weekend Away - Starting Early

One of the teams at work had a "Pig out Day" and I was going to bring deviled eggs. I've been on an egg kick lately since I discovered I can hard boil an egg and have the shell come off without so much as scraping the egg with a fingernail. Well, day of all days! Nothing went right. I'm pretty sure I over-cooked the eggs, yolk looked gross, the egg was coming off in the shell. I decided I can't cook and I got a dozen donuts to bring instead. Plus I'm having an ugly/fat/bad hair day. I'm going back to bed when I get out of work. Then I'm taking a shower and starting my day all over again around, say 7:00 this evening.

There's a food and art festival in Little Italy this weekend called "The Feast". I've never been to it but I hear it's the party of the year. Apparently it's a tradition for the Catholic church there to celebrate the assention of the Virgin Mary into Heaven. They have a solemn mass where they march her statue around the streets and then they get out the food, the rides, and the music and start celebrating. There are independent vendors setting up booths too which is what I like the most. I love buying other people's handmade crafts since I'm not too crafty myself. I just make jewelry but so does everyone else.

I'll post some picture of "The Feast" here soon.

2 comments:

  1. HI, i just found your blog from another sight, I love blogs where people talk about their day to day activities. Will call back and enjoy some more.

    You can visit me at http://www.imataplacecalledvertigo.blogspot.com

    Call by

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I'm so glad you found me. Thanks for letting me know you were here. I'll be sure to stop by yours soon.

    ReplyDelete

I'm back to blogging and very lonely! Let me know you were here!!