8/19/2008

A Photographer - I Will Never Be

The batteries in my camera died. Yup. I have a charger but I did not use it.

Saturday I went out with one of my best friends from high school. We went to Brio and had a lot of bread and amazing Italian food. I don't even know what mine was called but the pasta was handmade and it was fantastic. I saw a cooking show where the host went to Italy and showed the tradition of hand-making pasta. It looked so good and so fun. I wish I could do it. I tried to make gnocchi once and it just fell apart in the water. Maybe I'll try again sometime.

After dinner, we headed over to H&M so my friend could get some teacher clothes that weren't too teachery. You remember how your teachers dressed? Long flowery skirts and tennis shoes? Or cutesy little jumpers with school related items stitched on?
Thank God for my friend who is trying to change that trend one pair of wide leg pants and cute, frilly tops at a time.

We met up with another friend who was out shopping for shoes with his next door neighbor. I helped his neighbor decide not to buy some brown pumps that she just wasn't in love with. She needed some pointy toes and only my beloved Steve Madden seems to be into that trend. I read somewhere that round toe is back and pointy is going out, but sometimes we just need a pointy toe. Unfortunately, the store did not have those shoes in her size. Sigh. Why are all girls' feet the same size? Who decided that was a good idea? After shoes, we went to "The Feast" which was incredibly crowded. Apparently, it only gets worse at night because of the bars and beer tent. Plus there was gambling in the basement of the church. Interesting. We just wandered around as best as we could, cutting groups of people off so that we could get cannoli and tiramisu from a few stands. I ate my own cannoli and then finished off someone else's. Mmmmm...Italian desserts are my weakness.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm back to blogging and very lonely! Let me know you were here!!