8/20/2008

Fall is Upon Us!

I opened my email today and there was something from ideeli.com (a members only website that sends you great deals every day). Check out these amazing Dolce & Gabana boots I couldn't even imagine being able to afford them (they are $345 on ideeli but they were $1395) but I love the buttons and the color and the fact that the leather looks so soft. I just love to gaze at them and imagine what I could wear with them.

It just makes me think of fall though. It's close to the end of August. My summer class has ended and I'm starting a new semester next week. It's back to school time. Warmer clothes, pumpkins, changing leaves. The sky even looks a little different in fall. It's my favorite time of year to take pictures. Everything seems more interesting, more colorful, more comforting. I detest cold weather but I find that I usually end up welcoming fall after a few weeks of resisting. Once I've had my last camping trip of the season, gone to the beach at least once, and walked around late at night when the air was still a warm blanket around me, I'm satisfied. This summer, T and I bought bikes from a police auction and used them as much as possible. That made this summer just a little more complete. There will still be several more weeks of warm weather ahead but when that little twinge of change happens, I won't go kicking and screaming toward it. I'll be ready to don my sweaters and boots that I kind of miss now.

I've been getting Urban Outfitters and Free People catalogues in the mail and I can't wait for everything to go on sale. It gives me chills just thinking about it. All those sweaters, long cardigans, vests, dresses with colored tights, coats, ah! I'm so excited. I wish I could wear hats. I'm ready to embrace something new this year. Maybe I'll try one out. Oh fall fashion season, how I love you.

Do you like fall? What do you like or hate about it?

4 comments:

  1. I love fall - and I also love your new boots!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love fall more than summer, and I like summer (if it doesnt rain)

    Autumn is my favourite time for layering! I have bought a fab purple cardigan with no sleeves to wear over a long sleeve jersey top in ink colour

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh! I like that color combination. Especially with your brown hair!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You should check out Gilt Groupe...www.gilt.com/maryanne. They have great sales at very reasonable prices!! Happy Shopping!

    ReplyDelete

I'm back to blogging and very lonely! Let me know you were here!!