8/07/2008

What I did on my summer vacation

Obviously, I'm not so good at keeping up with this. I've decided to just write even when I don't think I have anything to say. So here I go.

I took a much needed 3 week-day, 2 weekend day vacation a couple weeks ago. Awesome. The boyfriend (T) and I went to the beach where he got a horrendous burn. He's still red. I already had a tan so I've been to the beach once since then (without him) and we're both going to go again this Saturday. I love being a beach bum.

The next day, we went to an arts and technology festival which was pretty cool. Our first stop was a robot named Zeno who told us his entire story himself. A bunch of geeks from Hanson Robotics made him and you can tell they're so excited and proud of their creation. I was so excited with them. Zeno will be available in a couple of years to live at your house and tell you the weather, if you have email, what the news headlines are, etc. I'm stoked. Can't wait to get one.

We also watched Angelin Chang play some amazing classical pieces on the piano while her video artist partner Quian Li put some entrancing multi-media stuff up on the screen. Quian Li is a really good artist. He had everything programmed so that it would go perfectly with the music - change tone when she did, change speed when she did - awesome.

And of course, video game enthusiast that he is, T got to play Halo 3 in a room full of teenage boys. Woo! I'll have to post a picture of that half an hour of excitement.

Monday we got our hairs cut! A girl I went to high school with is a senior hair dresser with awards racking up so we drove about 45 minutes just to get a haircut from her. We then browsed Crate and Barrel and pretended like we had money and a place to put all the furniture we were buying. Ahhh, that would be the life. Wedding registry, I've got my eye on you.

The last day of my mini-vacation was movie marathon day. We didn't even shower until 4:00. I didn't care at the time but that's gross to read. We confined ourselves to T's room so no one would see us and I did brush my teeth though so it was ok. We topped everything off by going to see Step Brothers at the theater. The last few of those movies (Walk Hard, Semi-Pro) were boring and not very funny but they finally hit the mark again. Not sure if anything can top Anchor Man though.

Sigh. I miss just hanging out on hot summer days and not having to go to work. Why did I decide to become an adult?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm back to blogging and very lonely! Let me know you were here!!