9/12/2008

Rainy Days and Monday Always Get Me Down

Ok, well, it's Friday and I'm not really that sad about the rain because it's the weekend! And we got paid today! I really didn't get as much as I wanted in my paycheck and I had to pay a hefty library fine. Woops. I'm going to be short when it comes time to pay my school tuition. I need another source of income. T and I never started selling t-shirts on Etsy. I thought about making and selling jewelry but everyone does that, so would I get any attention? My friend, S, said that my jewelry is cuter than anyone else's on Etsy and I could probably do really well. It could get me a little extra money. I could pay on credit debt and put some away for savings if I made enough. What do I have to lose by joining Etsy as a seller? I wonder if there is a fee...

I have a lab for my class tomorrow. We're going to see the wetlands in our area for 2 hours. 2 hours! What is there to see for that long!? This is not my kind of science. It's supposed to rain all weekend so the wetlands will be wetter and I don't have any rainboots. Oh well. After that, T and I are going to a produce market nearby. I meant to go there all summer but they only accept cash and I never carry cash. Plus they're only open until 6:00 and I get out of work at 5:30 every day. It just wasn't meant to be...or I was really lazy on Saturdays when I could've gotten some cash out and gone. So, we're going there for the first time this summer/fall and I'm going to get some nectarines and raspberries (still in season!), broccoli, squash, and cauliflower. I'm going to freeze some so that I can have fresh, local produce all winter. I'm excited for that. I'm going to find some recipes for cauliflower so it's not so plain and weird. My mom always just steamed them and we ate them with salt. I need more variety in my food.

AND in an effort to eat more "organically," I'm going to start making my own wheat bread. I found a seemingly perfect recipe online with many, many tips and tricks from the author for the perfect sandwich, wheat bread. T hates when I stand in the bread aisle at the grocery store screaming "Everything has too much sodium!" so this seems to be a good alternative to that. I'll post the link to the recipe if it works out. I'm not sure if I'll buy everything to make it this weekend or in a couple weeks when I, hopefully, get a better paycheck. I will be Miss Suzy Homemaker if it kills me!

Have a fabulous weekend!

2 comments:

  1. I used to have a really good recipe for curried cauliflower...I must look it up. And then there is cauliflower cheese. A classic, particularly good with roast beef.

    Okay, I'm hungry now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha. Send 'em over if you have them! I'm new to cooking but I'm good at following recipes.

    ReplyDelete

I'm back to blogging and very lonely! Let me know you were here!!