10/23/2008


As promised, my test is over and I'm back! My test went much better than I ever thought it would. I was able to successfully name the three eras, 13 periods, and 7 epochs that he wanted us to name. I also drew 3 types of volcanoes, illustrated the rock elasticity theory, and drew a very simplified continent to continent convergent plate. So interesting.

Anyway. On to Coldplay. I'll admit, there are other bands/artists that I had wanted to see before I'd pay to see Coldplay but T has been wanting to see Coldplay in concert since their first album. He was pretty ecstatic and bouncing off the walls the entire time which was cute. I should've taken a picture of him in his delirious state. This is T trying to remain calm

For some reason, on the way there, I felt like we were on a road trip so I started taking pictures of everything. Including these pretty sky and sunsetting pictures.




Once we got to the venue (which was way easy thanks to T's mom's TomTom!! Christmas present?), we walked around and around and back and forth until someone finally told us to get on the elevator and go down a floor. Then we walked down to our floor seats. That was exciting. I hadn't even looked at my ticket until right after we got off the elevator. I had no idea that T had paid for such good seats. We were pretty much right in the center and about this close: Not too bad!



Duffy opened the concert which was pretty earsplitting. I guess she's Number 1 in England? I don't understand that. She was very choreographed and dressed like she was from the 1960's. Her sound is like that, too. I guess her label or whoever is really playing the sexy, 1960's nurse thing up a lot. It was silly, really. Where is the musicianship? Anyway, after we dealt with that, we waited for about a half hour while the stage was set up and the rest of the crowd flooded in. Then the lights went out and Coldplay started. Their energy from the start permeated the room and I already knew that I wouldn't get bored at this concert (which usually happens after 30 minutes). By the second song, they had lowered these giant orbs (which I have been told Conan O'Brien uses) and started flashing light designs all over them. On the third song, the orbs started showing a live feed of the concert. I would like to have these orbs in my living room. The band did about half of their concert, including a techno-y version of "God Put a Smile Upon Your Face" mixed with "Talk" and then said "We'll see you in about 30 seconds!" and ran off the stage. The lights came up and we all stood around playing with our camera phones until someone finally asked, "Did he say 30 seconds or 30 minutes?" As soon as those words were spoken the lights came down again and the spotlight pointed behind us. Somehow, Chris Martin and his crew had gotten up to the second level without anyone noticing. They sang a couple of songs which aren't so memorable to me while being violated by the fans behind them, then got back to the stage with the lights still down. The cell phones of course, came back out:


Coldplay did several more songs, including a really amped up "Politik" preceded by Chris Martin telling us we're the most famous state in the world (Ohio) and asking us to vote for the "right person" (which I'm sure means Obama). Of course they did their big hit "Viva La Vida" and everyone sang the Ooo-ooo-hhh's. During the second to last song, which I didn't know, a snow storm of paper butterflies started spraying out at us. That was probably the most amazing part of the night because I'm that lame. But really, look at this and tell me it's not cool



Then they pretended to say goodnight and go back stage and we pretended to beg for an encore and then they came out and played "Yellow" which I loved. That song is probably my first memory of Coldplay or maybe "Trouble" is because I remember the music video. Either way, wow. Incredible, incredible, incredible. I'd go see them again the next time they come through. I just hope they pick their opening act next time. Duffy and her fake Diana Ross moves just did nothing to complement the energy and rock star attitude that is Coldplay.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm back to blogging and very lonely! Let me know you were here!!