10/28/2008

Siiiiiiigh....

Oh that's a sigh of relief by the way. My two-ish weeks of stress are OVER! I feel so much better. Here is what I had to endure the last couple of weeks:

Friday, October 17th - Set up stage at church so that it actually looks like a church for a wedding. Get this done between the hours of 5:30 and 7:00 and, oh by the way, we have nothing decent to work with. It all needs to be bought at a store. At least our Pastor went out and bought stuff during the day for me while I was at work. I ran to a store and set aside some fabric for him to buy then got to the church at about 5:30. He bought candles and set out the walls and tables to cover in fabric. The project was not complete until about 9:30.

It turned out pretty well. T and I are being taken to the Olive Garden for our hours of hard labor so that's nice.

Saturday, October 18th - Supposed to go to an outlet mall with H but her husband, D has a bad cold so we all stay home. I stay in bed all day because I feel nauseated. That could have been a nice break but I could only think of all the laundry that wasn't done, the apples that needed to be peeled and made into applesauce, and the jewelry that needs to be made for our annual "Mom's Time Out" Christmas shopping extravaganza. Nothing got done. I didn't even eat until T brought me soup and crackers at 3:00, then we fell asleep, and then I showered at 5:30 so that we could make our movie on time. We saw "W" which was better than I expected. Go see it.

Sunday, October 19th - Remember that I must lead one worship song on stage at church and sing back-up vocals for three others. Go to bed really late Saturday night because I slept all day then get up really early on Sunday and feel sick because I am so nervous. Feel better by noon (when church is over) but exhausted.

Monday, October 20th - Get to class late and realize that everyone was emailed a study guide but me. Who knows why. Maybe it went into my spam folder. Whatever. Just get another copy from the teacher. What the...!?!?! It's three pages of vocabulary words! Do laundry until 2:00 in the morning.

Wednesday, October 22nd - Study for test all day at work. Good thing we aren't busy. At 5:00, punch out and go into kitchen at work to study until 6:30. Memorize all eras, periods, and the epochs for our current era. Remember all types of volcanoes, rock elasticity theory, the difference between an active continental margin and an inactive continental margin, know what a subduction zone is, blah blah blah. Finish test in one hour and float on cloud all the way home. Watch Heroes with T.

Friday, October 24th - Sit in line at the gas station for 20 minutes because gas is now down to $2.20 per gallon. Rush to church to set up the stage for another wedding. After rehearsal, practice the songs we're singing at wedding with J. This is the second practice and it's not going well. After practice, go to T's and immediately fall asleep on his couch for two hours.

Saturday, October 25th - Drag myself out of bed, go to school for two hours. Randomly think of the current event presentation that needs to be made in front of the class in just two short days and freak out. Get ahold of myself. After school, go home and wet hair so that it can be blow dried and straightened. Grab dress, undergarments, shoes, and makeup, and run out of the house to the church. Practice with J for an hour then get dressed. Sing with Justin at wedding, breathe a sigh of relief then go hang out at T's until the reception. Dance the night away.
How cute are they? These are the nieces of the bride also the pastor's two daughters. Yeah, he officiated the wedding of his own sister. It was sweet.

Sunday, October 26th - Sit at salon for 3 1/2 hours while hair is dyed from blonde to deep brown with caramel highlights then trimmed. That was a good day. sorry for the angry face. The sun was in my eyes but I was actually happy. As seen here with T who came with me:

See old me here.

Monday, October 27th - Get paperwork and information together for current event presentation in Geology class. Go to school feeling a little sick, shake uncontrollably in class, feel heart beating out of throat. Make presentation better than any presentation I've ever done in my life. I actually kept everyone's attention and didn't read directly off a paper! I had handouts! They asked questions and I answered! Woo! Receive test back from last Wednesday. I got 104.5%! I only missed two! I got extra credit! Breathe a gigantic sigh of relief, then go home to watch two of the three Desperate Housewives episodes I have missed.

Happy Days are here again! Have a great day everyone!

3 comments:

  1. Congrats on surviving your stressful weeks. And good job on your test! Gas in Minnesota is down to about $2.15 (I actually saw it for $2.13 toady). It's been really low for a while, but I've never seen much of a wait. Nice hair, by the way! It sucks having to sit there all those hours to get your hair done, but it's usually worth it in the end!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You had a fantastic day yesterday and I had to read about it on your blog! :-(

    Also, we don't watch heroes on wednesdays, weirdo...

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha. Oops. I got my days mixed up. I'm sorry I was going to tell you but we didn't talk :-(

    ReplyDelete

I'm back to blogging and very lonely! Let me know you were here!!