10/30/2008

My Weekend is Already Here!

My parents, T, and I are all going out of town this weekend to visit family. My grandma (my mom's mom) turned 80 the other day so we're going up to have a big family party at my aunt's house. My grandma is insisting that T and I sleep in the basement with my cousins (and all their significant others) which will probably be awkward. We used to sleep there when I was, oh I don't know, EIGHT? I'm now 25 and all my cousins are in that range. T's a little nervous about that particular adventure. So in one house with 4 bedrooms and 2 1/2 (or possibly 2 3/4) bathrooms, there will be 1 grandma, 3 daughters, their 3 husbands, 7 grandchildren (maybe only 6), their 6 husbands/boyfriends, and 5 little great-grandchildren. That probably isn't as big as some families but it's big enough for this little only child.

My dad wanted to extend the trip a little and visit his parents for one day. These are the grandparents who said "Oh honey, you better think about that!" when they found out that T was five years younger than me. Joy! So instead of leaving early Saturday, we're leaving early (EARLY) Friday. T is so afraid my dad is going to ask him about politics or something. They have severely differing views. My dad has 5 hours in a car to talk about it, but I think he'll be too engrossed in his talk radio to ask T anything. I'm sure politics will come up at some point with someone's family as they always do, but my mom and I always manage to stay out of the conversation. I'm sure T will be able to do the same.

I'm actually excited about this weekend, but what I'm not excited about are the preparations. I should've done the rest of my laundry early this week, but of course, I let everything else get in the way because I hate hanging my clothes up after they've been washed. To make matters worse, my roommate called last night and said "The washer is leaking water all over. It looks like there is a pipe or something just sitting on the floor." My dad doesn't have time to come put it back together and I'm afraid to (Spiders!), so I'm going to my parents tonight after work to do laundry, then I'm going back home to pack. I have no idea what I'm going to wear. My dad wants me to bring as small of a suitcase as possible. What?!?! But I pack everything I own just in case! In case it rains, then snows, then turns into an 80 degree day. Anything is possible here in the northeast/midwest. Then after all that, I'm getting up at 5:30 in the morning so that we can leave and be "on the road" (as my dad always says) by 7:00. I should not be at work right now. I have too much to do! Stress!

T wanted to carve pumpkins before this weekend since we won't be home. I'm sad. We ran out of time and now we won't have any cute little jack-o-lanterns on our porches. Actually this will be the fourth time in my life that I've carved a pumpking for Halloween, but I'm sad for T. It's an important part of the season for him. Maybe I'll surprise him with a couple pumpkins tonight (Oh. Oops! Stop reading this T!). I can make time for that.

Oh, and by the way. I saw this on Oh! How Lovely!

Go back to the beginning and read it. DO NOT CHEAT AND READ MORE RECENT BLOGS. Start at the beginning and read to the end. It's spread like wildfire and it's fantastic. You will love it.

Have a great weekend everyone. And a good, safe Halloween. It's supposed to be warmer here. I hope you have good weather where you are!

6 comments:

  1. http://www.coasttocoastam.com/timages/page/pumpkin_sim.html

    :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. hehe. Thanks. Maybe this will work. We can just do a bunch and then tape them all over the front of the house :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I carved a pumpkin this year (all by myself, because no one else would have done it with me), and it totally looks like a redneck, even though I was going for an "evil" look. When my boyfriend saw it, and he said that he wanted to carve a pumpkin too. Ha.

    Yesterday I decided to name my pumpkin "Joe the Redneck Pumpkin" as a spoof on all the "Joe the Plumber" and "Joe Sixpack" stuff going on in the election. He'll make an appearance on my blog tomorrow. lol.

    Good luck with packing, and surviving all that family time. And happy early Halloween. =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like fun! We have friends in NC and when they all got together (and us as their guests) for easter, we travelled up to Virginia for a wonderful weekend in the mountains! I loved it and wish I was there now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh, how I miss living in the South :( enjoy yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey, where'd you go? Come back!

    ReplyDelete

I'm back to blogging and very lonely! Let me know you were here!!