9/08/2008

The Last Weekend of Summer?

I actually came back to work this morning feelings VERY rested. I almost felt like I had had a vacation! T and I camped out in the backyard all weekend. I know, it's kind of weird but it made me happy! We set up the tent, a TV, and two coolers as end tables and stayed outside as much as possible. I'm sure it looked a little strange, but it was so relaxing. Unfortunately, it rained all weekend long so no campfire, but I do love the sound of rain when I go to sleep and wake up. It was a good exchange.

Since we were "camping" I went by my camping motto (which I stole from T's mom): "I'm camping, I'll eat whatever I want" and ate everything I could find. I started my morning with Fruity Pebbles, followed by two small Pillsbury cinnamon rolls, then Oreo's, then popcorn, then we went to our friends' house and had chips and dip and homemade ice cream (with caramel!). My stomach was sooooo angry. I'm actually getting sick just thinking about everything I ate on Saturday. I won't be doing that for awhile. I'm trying to lose weight.

A couple of friends (the friends whose house we went to on Saturday) have a Nintendo Wii and recently bought Wii Fit. I tried out a couple of exercises and took a fit test. It told me my fit age was 45!!! Wow. I need to exercise more. I keep vowing to ride my bike more since it's almost time to put it in my parents' garage for the winter and to run on the treadmill more, but it makes me tired just thinking about it. I always think I'm going to just start running and I'll feel great and the pounds will just magically melt off by the time I get home but I usually run for like 30 seconds and then I almost throw up. Then I go home and all the same pudgey bits are still there. It's so hard to stick with something when it makes you so sad. I want to have shapely legs and arms and a flat tummy by next spring but who am I kidding? The winter days and holidays are looming just around the corner and all I want to do is get under a blanket and eat mashed potatoes and gravy while watching movies and TV on DVD. Do you know how many cookies I put away between Christmas and Valentine's Day? Someone show me the light!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm back to blogging and very lonely! Let me know you were here!!